Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I Love Rhode Island




The thing I love most about Rhode Island is that just about everywhere you look, you can see the water. When I first moved away, that's what I missed the most. These pictures are right outside my mom's place. It occurred to me last weekend I should use it while she's in Florida for the winter as a quiet retreat and place to write.

Of course, I could never actually live in Rhode Island because that's where all my crazy relatives are. I love them, of course, but only for short visits and from a distance the rest of the time. Luckily, I don't think any of them read this blog!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the shore in the winter. It's a completely different experience. I was on the outer banks in the winter once and it was incredibly raw and invigorating. Love it.You should definitely get yourself up there, if only for a long weekend. And invite all of your friends.

KB Concepts PR said...

A commenter with a name -- thank you!

But if I invite all my friends, I won't be alone. Hmmm, maybe a quiet artistic friend or two...

Anonymous said...

When I moved to Ontario I actually suffered withdrawal from the ocean, for years. Especially around May. People who never lived near the ocean just looked at me as though I were nuts and suggested I go look at Lake Ontario. AS IF!!!

Anonymous said...

Vho D'yland is stupit. Yah, shua, it's pretty with da shawa and everythin', but da politicians ahh corrup and nobody can't tawk aw spell.

Irregaadless, it's fun ta visit. But the schools don't teach kids nothin. Unless if yaw a snaaab and live in East Greenich, Barrinton, aw stinkin' Lincoln!!! Hahahahahaahah!

So PS - sorry bout the nonnomous. I din't have time to pick a blogga id.

KB Concepts PR said...

Fuggeddaboud it -- that's wicket funny!

Anonymous said...

Yah, makes me wanna go get a drink from the bubbla, then grab a coffee cabinet and some stuffies! How boutchoo...didja eat yet?